Dream Walkers Equine Therapy
Become a Volunteer
See the World through the eyes a child in need
What's going on around Dream Walkers?
Spring Session Starts April 12, 2016
Volunteer Appreciation and Orientation on Friday evenings at the center. Call for dates.
Call 830 279-7758 to register.
Download the application, print and fill out. Please call Pauline to set up an time to meet and review how you can help us.
To become a Volunteer you must:
Must be at least 12 years of age to work directly with the children and horses.
• Volunteering involves moderate physical activity. Make sure you are comfortable with the physicality of the role selected.
Volunteers do not need to have previous horse experience but a level of comfort s necessary.
• Volunteers must be available a minimum of 1 hour per week (same day and time each week).
• ALL volunteers are required attending a Volunteer Orientation and Training session
• ALL volunteers wanting to be leaders or work in the barn must attend Leader/Barn Training once a year
• Dream Walkers Equine Therapy Center reserves the right to make the final determination as to the appropriateness of
volunteers for our organization.
• Dream Walkers Equine Therapy Center does enforce a dress code to ensure ability of volunteers to perform in their roles and to set examples for our riders.
Horse Leaders and Side-walkers Guidelines
• Leaders must be at least 16 years of age
• LEADERS are responsible for the horse at all times while leading
• SIDE-WALKERS are responsible for the stability and safety of the rider while mounted at all times
• Time commitment is 1 and a half hours per week for the length of the session
• Arrive at least fifteen minutes prior to class
• When you’re in the arena, the instructor is in charge
• If you have suggestions or ideas, talk with the class Instructor or Volunteer Coordinator
• Return all equipment used to its place
• Keep talking to a minimum this lets you and others listen and pay attention to the Instructor’s directions
Consistency is extremely important in keeping our programs progressive and running smoothly. Every volunteer is encouraged to have a regular schedule for the length of the session in the day(s) and hour(s) they volunteer. As dependability is essential, be sure to contact the Volunteer Coordinator as soon as you are aware of any circumstances that will delay/keep you from your scheduled lesson time(s).